Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Things I lost

Of all of the things I've lost in my life so far, the things that I realize that I miss the most are:
1. my naiveté: every time my heart was broken, it healed, but the scar tissue has hardened it;
2. my ability to see the good in people: I really am approaching becoming skeptical, not quite a cynic just yet. I still go in believing in the best, but I watch for the signs!
3. I'm no longer a gentleman. Yes, sad to say this. I treat a woman on the first date as any other person (which is still really good anyway).
4. If I don't get laid within max 3 dates, I'm gone: this is just practical.
5. I am extremely selfish: It's all about me now. I really don't even care if the women I date have a good time or not. As long as I look good, it strokes my ego and I get what I want, well, I'm happy.
None of these things were ever me. No one is to blame. I won't make excuses for my reactions and choices. It is what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment