Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Catch and release...

Or, the art of flirting. I've never had the ability. I suppose from time to time I manage, but I'm more of a bumbling oaf in the flirting department. I have witnessed the skilled fishermen at work. It's about casting the line, playing ever so subtly with the catch, reeling them in... only to release them into the wild. They're artists.
I, on the other hand, am more like Neanderthal man, I find a stick, a worm (or anything that'll work well enough, cast and cast and cast. Eventually, I will catch something. It's then up to me to be extra careful so as not to lose it, not to let it break free. Once in my grasp, I try to reach for it out of hunger. Every once in a while I eat.
There's a lesson here, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment