Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Rejection, Hope and anything else

I'm never sure "who" I'll be when I go out. I find it hardest to be myself (whoever that is) when I'm around people who have an expectation of what or who I am. To each group of people I know, I am someone different. Add to this the variables of the energy in the room, how much alcohol I consume and whether or not I start the evening off right.
Rejection is an interesting feeling, or is it an action, maybe it's both. Whatever it is, it can cast a pall over my emotional state. I have been rejected and done some rejection. Neither feels particularly great. Learning to move on from rejection is a skill I have yet to learn. It happens in some aspects of my life, in others, not so much. It colours my thoughts, it makes me upset and hurt and confused. Hmm, sounds a lot like falling in love, er, I mean lust, or maybe both. And yet, in the face of this rejection, I find hope. Maybe I have great coping skills or a bad memory.


No comments:

Post a Comment