Search This Blog

Friday, May 22, 2009

changes...

"it's getting to the point, where I'm no fun anymore"
"something inside has died and I can't hide and I just can't fake it"

Two lines from two songs that stick in my mind. The former by Stephen Stills, the latter by Carole King.
I always wonder what happens to people in relationships. Why we change. The slow steady erosion that seems so inconsequential along the way. I suppose it's the reason for so many songs, so much art, so much trauma. Some people have the ability to move past, to let things go. Others move on differently. The pain lingers.
What I find interesting is, my emotions are like dominos. One negative emotion sets my others off. It works the same for positive emotions. Managing, or even manipulating, them are impossible. I need a catalyst. Something great has to happen for me to become emotionally invincible (at least for a period of time).

No comments:

Post a Comment