Search This Blog

Saturday, September 26, 2009

The Grudge

I'm a grudge holder. I don't let things go. I have a "grudge cycle." I basically get pissed first. They I calm down so I can think straight. Then I start planning and scheming to get even. I often do nothing about it because, let's face it, there are ramifications to every action. But I don't let things go. I need vindication and closure and I believe that the reason I continue to hold the grudge is simply because I cannot get finality.

1 comment:

  1. Kudos for owning what most of us will do and deny. But how's that working out for you? I mean I get it, but is it effective?

    As for hanging on to the grudge because you can't get finality? Hmmmmm, what if closure were a choice rather than some external process that needed to be signed off on by all involved parties. OR, what if I were just stuck in the United Airlines Red Carpet Club for 5 hours, drunk on self loathing because I missed my flight by 2 minutes? Either way, I'm just sayin'... :)

    Looking forward to having you on the show next Thursday!

    xo,
    Elaina

    ReplyDelete