Search This Blog

Thursday, September 17, 2009

In response to Andy Rooney...

Andy once did a segment, many of you have likely seen or been the recipient of an email, in which he praises women over 40. I actually saw the episode at the time it was aired. But in recently receiving the manuscript via email, it sparked me to respond as follows:

I actually saw this episode many many years ago - I may even have been 22 when this aired!!!
At the time I had a fascination with older women. In hindsight, it was my own inability to relate to, not only women, but most boys my age.
In older women I found they valued and appreciated me. For a time anyway!
In reality, none of us actually really age mentally or emotionally past a certain period. In most cases our life circumstances have a profound impact on our psyche. When I compare my friends who have younger children to those who are empty-nesters I see a youthfulness that is the direct result of their children. In my own life I have experienced so much change, so suddenly (as you know), that it was as if a "reset" button was hit. I'm growing up all over again.
There is a magic in all ages and all maturity levels. At different stages of or lives we require different stimulus. I praise all women, because, as I have learned, there is nothing on earth as valuable, precious and unappreciated as their gender.

No comments:

Post a Comment