Search This Blog

Thursday, September 17, 2009

What's really lost

The intimacy and connection of a lover is lost when the relationship ends. I have found the connection and ability to speak freely and openly exists long after the relationship ends. It's a shame most people cannot maintain these connections.
I ran into a former girlfriend recently. We hadn't seen each other for about 2 years. She was my first relationship as a newly single male then. While there was nothing other than two friends connecting after a very long time, it made me realize the most valuable aspect of any relationship is the bond, the friendship. I value my friendships above all else. My true friends know far too much about me. They know my weaknesses they don't judge me.
It's a shame we lose these friendships.

No comments:

Post a Comment