Search This Blog

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Baskin Robbins...

Despite having the choice of at least 31 flavours, I'd look and pretty much stick with Vanilla. I love Vanilla, it tastes great. After years of eating only Vanilla, I started eating other flavours, only to realize, Vanilla really is the best flavour.
And so goes my taste in women. Perhaps we all have a type. I wonder what I could have experienced in my childhood that led me to be attracted to the women I am. I won't get into what I like in particular, but I will say, it has likely more to do with the images I was surrounded by than anything else.
Not too long ago, I saw a picture on one of my Facebook "friend's" page. I was shocked, amused and had a soothing sense of superiority and vindication. The picture was of four women. Arguably, four of the most desirable women at my high school. What I saw was four women who let age ravage them. Boy, was I disappointed.
I suddenly realized, once again, what has driven me most my life - the need to "show them." I'm no sure what anyone ever did to me, yet I have this unwavering need to do and achieve things that others only dream or talk about.
I often wonder if there is a "real" me, but then I become cognizant of my self. I am who I am not because of what I am not, but because of what I am. My actions, my decisions, my vices, my needs, my fears, all make me question, seek, strive and hope for more. However, more is yet to be defined...

No comments:

Post a Comment