Search This Blog

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Mrs. Robinson, The Graduate and other irrelevant stuff...

Alfa Romeo decided to call its Spyder the "Graduate" after the popularity of the movie. The last time I saw the movie was far too long ago, but it was a break through movie for its time and frankly, for any time. Every now and then I see reference to it in sitcoms and movies and even the Simpsons!
If life imitates art, I wonder what came first? The art or the life? In my case, I wasn't born until the year after the movie was released. Scary. In some ways, I relate to the complexity of relationships, but like all observers, it's easy to make the rational decision. As the star of my own movie, I'm the tragic or comedic hero. Sadly, or happily, I trudge through my life stumbling into truths that seem like fiction.
I often wonder when it's time to race to the church to stop the girl from marrying the wrong guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment