Search This Blog

Friday, February 20, 2009

Pragmatic or problematic

Have we become a society that takes "don't settle" too far? Maybe we are a society moving towards pathological searching. Whenever I meet someone, there is a high probability they are single (including separated and/or divorced). When I ask why, most say they can't find someone they really like or feel chemistry.
I myself am starting to wonder why I am looking for that elusive chemical connection. Perhaps the more searching I do, the more I want and therefore I have become a victim of the quest. Maybe, just maybe, there is something to be said for sticking it out, even when things become unbearable. There has to be a point where two people in a relationship can break through the problem periods to enjoy the stronger bond developed through the problem.


1 comment:

  1. hmm well for me I find that the more I date the more idiots I decided to no longer date I have started to think about what I DON'T want as opposed to searching for that perfect person, I am just searching for that person that doesn't piss me off and I enjoy sleeping with them as well. It's pretty much a win-win situation at that point.

    ReplyDelete