Search This Blog

Friday, February 20, 2009

Reason, Season, Lifetime...

I hate that little anecdote. I despise it because it makes me think that I am nothing more to someone than one of those first two types of relationships. I know it's supposed to help me get over why some relationships didn't work, but the fact is, it just makes me more upset.
To think I was nothing more than someone who came into someone's life to help them through a rough spot - do I hear "rebound?" 
Or that I passed through as a season would. Maybe it was just a physical affair. 
This stuff doesn't make me feel good! Whether I was the benefactor or beneficiary of the benefit does not make it any better.
So please, everyone, stop quoting this horrid horrid anecdote!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. You should consider reading "The five people you meet in Heaven" by Mitch Albom. You may come to value these "season/reason" relationships more. Every relationship you have changes you in more than one way...it makes you who you are. I love your blog by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, odd things happen all the time, but I thought that I'd just type that this anecdote doesn't pertain to the fact that your lonely in a strict physical sense...as I think that you may feel.

    Just cause your single and feel like shit doesn't mean that you'll be lonely forever. There are other facets of your life that should be more important....

    Besides...I wrote this in the 7th grade about the passing away of my adopted Grand Father.
    I know that theres no way to absolutely verify this, but no one other than a guy named Steven “Drew” Chalker has proclaimed this as his.
    Honestly, I’m glad to maintain my “Author Unknown” status.
    So. Just to put it out there. I thought that I’d share my full version with you on my blog:
    http://chicosdastardlydonedeed.....-fini.html

    ReplyDelete