Search This Blog

Friday, April 3, 2009

Blenders...

Our world is a very interesting place. There are starter homes and starter marriages. There are blended families, two and three times over. Soon, we'll all be related. It's true, the only baggage that you can bring, is all that you can't leave behind.
I have a real struggle with women with children. Especially since I have none. There is much expected of me, with little or no appreciation or empathy for what I have to come into. I should win a noble prize.
Children are not baggage, yet they are carted around from relationship to relationship, gaining new brothers and sisters and parents. I had always looked at it as a good thing, but now I realize it's not. It's not healthy for the biological parents, the surrogate parents, the blended family, no one. But as humans, we have needs. We make choices, we make sacrifices, we are selfish and the whole time we don't know what we are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment