Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Children raising children...

We're a society that has extended our longevity almost three fold in one century. As our population ages, as we gain freedom, independent thought and the permission to do as we please, my observation is we have a society of children raising children, misguided, misled, miscommunicated and misunderstood. It's true, we are younger longer. It's also true that we never grow up. We have become expert in just about every form of communication, yet I cannot see any evidence that we communicate any better.
We are no more equipped for managing our relationships today than prior generations. As far as I know, there are no classes in high school that teach us about relationships.
Complaining and pointing out flaws are easy. My goal in my lifetime is to impact a generation. To change the relative importance we place on our most valuable asset, our relationships. Now I just have to figure out how I do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment