Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Growing up (or down)

The truth has always been the truth. The truth I am referring to in particular is "the older I get the less I know" or " I wish I were as smart as I thought I was."
I was inexplicably moved by the movie "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button." In many ways, I related, I learned a few things and I am constantly thinking about it.
Let me give you an example. Despite his actual age, he was actually very mature. Almost as if he began his life as a wise, reserved, conservative man. As he aged, his physical appearance became younger and so did he. I have had the pleasure of meeting many people in my life who, through circumstances and life experiences are very wise and mature. Marks of events that shaped their thinking. Much like me, they are "old" for such young people. I consider myself very lucky to have been able to reverse age. Youth is wasted on the young. As a young older guy I have the benefit of my experiences and mistakes, but I also have the luxury of being able to live the live I chose, the life I dream and not the life I feel compelled to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment