Search This Blog

Friday, April 3, 2009

What's right?

I have these amazing conversations with various women in my life. We talk about everything, openly and honestly, without judgement. I'm constantly reminded, through these interactions, that we are so much alike. We have so little understanding of ourselves there is no way we can understand the opposite sex. Look within for the answer.
One discussion arose around my choice of age group. I admit, I am enjoying the honesty, the free-spiritedness and the beauty of much younger women. It's amazing the controversy this creates. Everyone seems to have an opinion and I welcome them. I am at a stage in my life where I have come to learn that I have to live the life I choose, without regrets, without influence and on my own terms. I ask this, should I be with someone just because they are close in age to me? What if we cannot relate? What about the baggage that comes with relationships? What about the blended family syndrome? Why should I settle for anything less than perfection?

No comments:

Post a Comment