Search This Blog

Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Game

I still love this movie that starred Michael Douglas and Sean Penn - it's now 12 years old! It was released in 1997. I thought about the movie today, not because I saw it recently, but because I was thinking of a little game I have been a participant in for about a year and a half.
I won't go into the details, but ultimately it comes down to this. Some people love to play "the game" - as Lady GaGa calls it "The Love Game." I'm certain it has nothing to do with love. Love, in my opinion, is pure, is honest, is everything good. "The Game" we play should be called the "Hate and Disrespect Game."
Tactics and strategies to keep another person interested is about manipulation not truth. If it's honest then it'll happen. If not, we just continue to play a game no one wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment